• Monitoring the health of the mother and the baby during regular prenatal checkups
• Provide care and expertise as the mother delivers the newborn
• Give follow-up care during the postpartum period
• Annual gynecological exams, including breast exams and pap smears
• Pre-pregnancy counseling
• Counseling on birth control and family planning
• Diagnosis and treatment of vaginal infections and other acute and minor problems
Our nurse mid-wife has the training necessary to recognize the signs of complications, and to respond to various types of emergencies.